Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Yes, I'm a total nerd



I'm a teacher for 3 year olds at my church. Ha ha. Mwahaha. Mwahahahahahahahaha! Ahem, Ahem. Excuse me. I don't know what came over me just then. I'm really NOT evil. I love those little cuties.

This week we had a lesson about Daniel in the lion's den. So Saturday afternoon, I though - I'm going to paint up some little figures for them to play with and be able to relate to the lesson. Yeah. Saturday afternoon. Which meant that Saturday night, i created these:

Pictured: Angel, Daniel, King, two Advisors - they're real downers. And some really cuddly, sweet looking lions. I did impress upon the children that the real lions were ferocious. I guess that this doll-pin Daniel was in more of a housecat den.

I had approximately a million unpainted doll pins left, give or take 900,975 thousand, and so I painted doll pins for my kids to play with - namely Phineas and Ferb characters.
Pictured: Baljeet, Buford, Isabella, Perry, Phineas, Ferb, Candace. You can tell from the fine detail work that I have had an extensive education in painting and fine art.

My kids love Phineas and Ferb, so I painted them a set each. I painted two Perrys each for each kid - one Agent P and one Perry the pet. Agent P doesn't have a hat; I couldn't make a good one. Perry does have a rad beaver tail in the back. Or platypus tail, I guess.

Doofenschmirtz and Agent P. I am pretty sure Agent P has just used his 1940's style fedora to disable some sort of -inator. Seth noticed that we have a serious lack of doll-pin Batman characters, so at his request I created a Batman and Robin.

Rowan has requested some fairy princess doll pins, which I will do once I get the current paint stains off of my fingers.

2 comments:

  1. Your Daniel and the loins den lesson was way better than mine. Mine just involved some roaring and trying to keep Carter from kicking the kid next to him. I am super impressed with your mad painting skills! I am sorry I didn’t get a chance to see you while I was home. We will have to get together when I come home next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! That's awesome. I also brought costumes and snacks. They could act out the story of Daniel and the Lion's den, then play with their dolls, eat a snack, and chill. we MUST get together next time you are home!! For real! I can't believe I missed you this time!

    ReplyDelete