Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Attack Of The Growth Spurt

My four year old is ravenous lately.  Here's what she ate today:
  • 2 waffles with syrup
  • 1/3rd of a pack of sliced turkey
  • 3 popsicles
  • Goldfish (the crackers, not the pet. Come on!)
  • A little bit of beef with barley soup
  • Half a peanut butter and jelly sandwich
  • 4 strawberries
  • Some salt and vinegar pringles
All this before 2 PM.

Yikes!  She's also been sleeping through the night in her own bed for the past 3 days.  This is a record.  Usually she comes into our bed and creates the horizontal part of the letter "H." 

The other issue is that after just fitting into size 4t pants, after 2 months of wearing that size they have now become obsolete.  I had to buy 3 new pairs of pants on Friday so that she doesn't walk around in fear that someone will run up to her saying, "ma'am, ma'am, where's the flood?"  She also woke up one morning unable to put on any shoes that didn't pinch her toes.

Please, universe!  Let her grow a little slower!

Way Back Then:

Adorable, yet cheeky 1 year old.  Apple to her mom's eye.  Brother may have different outlook.  She used to let me do her hair however I wanted. 

Now (well, a couple of months ago):

All-grown-up four year old.  Now with opinions on her hair and clothing.

2 comments:

  1. My favorite is when I told her I liked her leggings and she corrected me by saying, "These are NOT leggings, they're jeggings. See the zipper and pockets?". :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She does the same thing to me. Heaven help anyone who doesn't use the right terminology.

    ReplyDelete